‘The Company’ shall mean Corporate Clothing Services Ltd or any associated company.
‘The Customer’ shall mean the other contracting party.
‘The Products’ shall include all goods and services/provided by the company.
2) These conditions supercede those published in any previous correspondence. Orders placed by the customer are deemed to be in accordance with these conditions and the company shall not be bound by any variation, in favour of or addition to these conditions unless accepted in writing by the company.
3) The company reserves the right to amend conditions of sale and specifications without prior warning.
4) Subject to Clause E the company will deliver the goods to the address specified in the order.
5) The company shall not be liable for any delay or for any consequence of any delay in the production, delivery or commissioning of any of the products or services if such delay shall be due to fire, strike, lock-out, dispute with workmen, flood, accident, delay in transport, shortage of fuel, default of any subcontractor the inability to obtain material, embargo, act or demand or requirement of any government department or local authority or as a consequence of war or of hostility (whether war be declared or not) or to any other cause whatsoever beyond the company’s reasonable control. If any such delay occurs then (unless the cause thereof shall frustrate or render impossible or illegal the performance of this contract or shall otherwise discharge the same) the company’s period for performing its obligations shall be extended by such a period (not limited to the length of delay) as the company may reasonably require to complete the performance of its obligation.
7) The customer shall inspect the said goods immediately on the arrival thereof and shall within 24 hours of receipt of the goods report any shortage or damage to the goods to the company. In the case of damaged goods all packing should immediately be returned to the company with the goods for examination. The cost of carriage in such a case is to be paid by the customer. Non-delivery should be reported to the company within 5 days from the date of the invoice otherwise delivery will be deemed to have been made.
8) If the customer shall fail to give notice as specified in Clause G the said goods shall be deemed to be in all respects in accordance with the order and the customer shall be bound to accept and pay for the same accordingly.
9) Cancellation of orders cannot be accepted unless by prior agreement, any agreed cancellation will be subject to a cancellation charge. Any specifically produced or non stock products order by the customer cannot be cancelled and the customer will be charged in full for any such products or services.
9a. In the event of a customer cancelling an order once the stock has been ordered then a 25% restocking charge will become applicable. This will be 25% of the total order value at retail cost and NOT at the cost prices to us. An order will be deemed cancelled if the customer fails to either pay the requested deposit or acknowledge our correspondence within 7 working days from stock being delivered to us.
10) Products ordered in error and returned to the company, subject to the companies agreement, must be returned carriage paid and intact. Any damaged returned products will be returned to the customer and charged for in full unless the companies returns procedure is followed. Any product or service which is non stock and has been produced/supplied to the customer is non returnable once the company has accepted the customers order. Approved returned goods will be subject to a handling charge of 10% (£5.00 minimum) to cover administration costs.
11) Terms of payment for approved customers are nett 30 days from date of invoice, failure to meet these terms will result in interest being charged on the amount due at such rate as the company
may at their absolute discretion set from time to time.
12) Due to the disproportionate cost of processing small orders, a small order/handling charge will be charged at the companies discretion for any order below £25.00.
13) Any order below £10.00 may be subject to a £5.00 administration charge or the order will be charged at £10.00 + TAX, being the minimum order value.
14) Any products which attract a manufacturers small order and/or carriage charge are sold subject to costs being paid by the customer.
15) The cost of carriage, postage and packing will be charged to the customer where applicable and at the companies discretion.
16) The amount of any and/or tax or other government charge or duty in respect of the goods (whether upon its production, dispatch installation sale purchase or otherwise) and the cost to the company of conforming with any other legal requirement (including any Act of Parliament and any order or regulation made by any government or body or department) imposed or coming into force after the date of this agreement shall be added to the price and paid by the customer.
17) The company shall not under any circumstances whatsoever be liable for any loss (which expression in this clause includes injury, damage or delay) or for any consequence of any such loss arising from the use of any product or service supplied by the company.
18) The company shall not be liable for and the customer shall indemnify and hold the company harmless against any claim by or loss damage to any person or property directly or indirecly occasioned by or arising from the use or operation other than by the company or possession or the products and from negligence (including the use of any part of the equipment otherwise than in
accordance with the companies operating instructions and manuals) or default or misuse by or on the part of the customer or any person or persons other than the company.
19) The indemnity shall extend to any costs and expences incurred by the company.
20) If for any reason the customer is unable to accept delivery of the goods at the time when the goods are due and ready for delivery the company shall if the storage facilities permit store the goods safeguard then and take all reasonable steps to prevent their deterioration until their actual delivery and the buyer shall be liable to the company for the reasonable cost (including insurance of them so doing).
21) Prices are those applicable at the date of despatch. If prices differ for whatever reason from those shown, we will advise you as soon as is possible/practical.
22) Any manufacturers price increases that may apply after the order is placed will be applicable and will be advised as soon as known.
23) Credit Card Orders are subject to a 2.5% surcharge.
24) Garment size specifications and quality should be checked before any print/embroidery process as no credit allowances can be made for worn, printed or processed garments.
25) Printed or embroidered garments will not be accepted back under any circumstances.
26) Orders over £150 (net of VAT) are carrage paid. All other deliveries will attract a £8.95 charge.. All carriag charges are subject to VAT.
27) The Company Reserves the right to change prices or specification when necessary without prior notification.
28) All styles featured are subject to availability and in some cases, it may be necessary to substitute basis on a like for like basis. Should this case arise, then the exchanged goods will be of a greater value than those originally ordered.
29) Garment sizesquoted are quoted “To Fit” in inches and are approximate.
30) The Company are under no obligation to accept return of perfect garments correctly supplied.
31) Corportate Clothing reserve the right to administer a £5.00 (EXC. VAT) charge for each corrospndance with regard to outstanding or overdue accounts.
32) This includes telephone call. Dupliacte invocies/statements and written corrospondence..
33) All contarctsbetween the company and the purchaser shall be governed by the laws of England and are subject to the Juristriction of the English Courts.
24) Only faulty garments that have NOT been worn or processed will be credited in full. These must be returned within 21 days of purcahse.
25) No clothing goods will be authorised to be retured that were purchased more than three months ago. Goods accepted back will be subject to a 10% (£10.00 minimum) handling and administration charge together with carriage costs if applicable.
36) Underwear is strictly non-returnable.
All goods remain the property of corporate clothing services (n.e.) ltd. ‘the company’ until paid for in full. until title has passed to the purchaser, the purchaser shall not deal with or dispose of the goods other than in its normal course of business until such time the company reserves the right to enter onto the premisis of the purchaser to any other legal remedy available to the company. returned or represented cheques will incur a £25 charge to cover bank/admin chargesor its agent or customer to reposess all or part of the goods, without prejudice